HealtheCo exercise physiologists are accredited (AEPs), hold a four-year university degree and are allied health professionals who specialise in the delivery of exercise for the prevention and management of chronic diseases and injuries.
Our AEPs provide support for clients with conditions such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, osteoporosis, mental health problems, cancer, arthritis, pulmonary disease and more. AEPs are eligible to register with Medicare Australia, the Department of Veterans Affairs, NDIS and WorkCover and are recognised by most private health insurers.
Please contact us if you require further information on the eligibility to claim under these schemes.
Private Exercise Physiology Initial Consultation
This program is designed for those seeking to develop an effective and achievable exercise program that suits their lifestyle and physical abilities. We will work with you to develop specific training goals that will improve your overall health.
The Initial Consultation will:
- Include a physical assessment
- Explain how exercise therapy will help to treat or improve your current physical condition and improve your quality of life
- Discuss your exercise and health goals, and identify strategies to achieve these goals
- Develop an exercise program, clinical or home based, individual or group that is realistic and gets results
- Provide clear instructions on how to complete your customised exercise program, including discussion on the role of each exercise and how to achieve good technique
- Written reports back to your doctor/practice nurse/ or specialist, detailing your exercise plan and progress (if required)
Private Exercise Physiology Follow-Up Consultation
While some clients may receive all the information they require at their initial appointment, most people will benefit from ongoing appointments between 1 and 4 weeks apart. Utilising the Exercise Physiologist for support will ensure that your training sessions are safe and tailored to your needs.
Follow-up consultations include:
- Ongoing assessment to track your progress and identify any adjustments that may need to be made to your program
- Full supervision to ensure correct technique and reduction of injury risk
- Ongoing monitoring of goals to ensure you STAY on track
- Written reports back to your doctor/practice nurse/ or specialist, detailing your exercise plan and progress
Duration: 45-60 minutes
*Case Conferencing with your GP or Treating Health Professional is also available as required or on request.
To find out more or to make a referral for Exercise Physiology Services please click here.