The anti-aging skin elixir………
Ever heard of Tumeric milk or golden milk? If not then you will be ‘oh so’ excited you have found it on HealtheCo.
Turmeric has been used as a spice in Indian recipes and as Ayurvedic medicine for many thousands of years. Turmeric offers many health benefits since it has both anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties. It is used to relieve swelling and pain due to headaches and is called ?natural aspirin? in Ayurvedic medicine.
But the part I love most about this little elixir is – due to Tumeric’s high antioxidant content it helps fight free radicals that damage skin thus helping your skin maintain it’s glow and elasticity, – ?who doesn’t want this right?
This healing tonic also utilises coconut oil (good fats), peppercorns (which help increase the absorption of ?the healing properties of turmeric), cinnamon (loaded with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties) and honey (anti-inflammatory and very healing for the throat and gut). So in other words – Its packed full of goodies.
This little skin elixir is perfect to have before bed. One of my favourite things is to pop on a pot of this after dinner, and let the aromas of turmeric, cinnamon, honey and milk fill the house. I love a little sweetness with my spice so I generally have a few strawberries on the side – ?It’s just perfect on those cooler, rainy evenings.
- 2 cups of milk (of your choice almond is my favourite)
- 1 teaspoon of ground turmeric
- 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- small pinch of black pepper and salt
- 1 tablespoon of honey (option but highly recommended and local if possible)
- Simply add all ingredients into a pot and place over a low heat. Bring to a light boil and let simmer for 10-20 minutes.
- whisk if you like your milk a little frothy
- Pour into your favourite cup and enjoy!
Hope you enjoy this elixir as much as I do. And if you feel inspired to give it a go let me know how your thoughts in the comments below.