Terms & Conditions
We value your commitment to your health and in order to assist in your recovery we promise to
- Provide a clear treatment plan
- Help you book the necessary appointments ahead of time to ensure you are able to secure a time convenient for you
- Be on time
- Refer on for scans or to the appropriate health professional should we feel that you require further investigations
To ensure that you make the most of your treatment plan we require that you adhere to the following points to allow for the best outcome possible.
We believe that your health should be a priority in your life and therefore your treatment should be a priority in your schedule. Last minute cancellations and clients not attending their allocated appointment times can have a major impact on our waiting list and negatively affect your treatment progress.
Reminder SMS texts are a proactive approach on our behalf; however, we still ask that you record your appointment elsewhere as phone services vary in some areas. You are welcome to contact your therapist via text if you need to cancel your appointment outside of business hours.
The cancellation policy will apply if:
- You cancel your allocated appointment time with less than TWLEVE (12) hours notice; or
- You fail to attend your allocated appointment time.
Failing to attend or notify within the (12) hours will incur a fee of: $75
This is applicable to all patients and is NOT claimable on your health fund.
Compensable clients who are claiming their consultation fee through Medicare, WorkCover or NDIS will be required to pay their cancellation fee themselves. The cancellation fee cannot be bulk billed.
Further appointments will not be booked until outstanding cancellation fee has been paid.
If we receive advance notice that you are unable to attend it will provide an opportunity to offer the appointment to other clients from our waiting list or those requiring emergency exercise physiology services .
We greatly appreciate your support and understanding of our policy and value your questions should you have any.
Unfortunately there can be no exceptions. Sickness, work, emergencies and unexpected events will still incur the scheduled cancellation fee PLEASE HELP US HELP YOU.
We would like to avoid applying a cancellation fee ? your co-operation would be greatly appreciated.
- Late and Missed Appointments
- If you arrive late to an appointment, but within your allocated time slot, you may receive a shorter consultation in an effort to not inconvenience other clients after you.
- If you either arrive after or entirely miss an appointment, you will be charged the consultation fee in full.
- If you miss your appointment and call to reschedule, you will be required to pay for the missed appointment prior to booking any further appointment dates.
- Consent to Treatment
You hereby request and give consent to our therapists to perform all necessary examinations, manipulations / mobilisations, therapy in accordance with their professional training and understanding of your injury.
You understand that you have an opportunity to discuss with your therapist, the nature and purpose of your therapy care before any treatment is performed.
You acknowledge and accept the following:
- Exercise Physiology treatment is physical in nature.
- The adverse risks associated with treatment, including stiffness and soreness, soft tissue injury, neurological complications, cerebrovascular injuries, skin irritations from taping methods, burns and other minor complications.
- The probability of risk is lowered by screening procedures performed during the assessment and reassessment.
- Other treatment options exist if the risk of Exercise Physiology is considered to be high, including medication, medical care, hospitalisation and surgery.
- The risk of remaining untreated includes the formation of adhesions in tissue, scar tissue and other degenerative changes. These changes can further reduce skeletal mobility, and induce chronic pain cycles. It is quite probable that delay of treatment will complicate the condition and make future rehabilitation more difficult.
- Many of our clients receive Exercise Physiology without referral from another health practitioner e.g. GP however should you have a referral or scan results please provide this to your to ensure there is continuity of care.
- Consent to Obtain and Release Information
To ensure that we are able to provide the best level of care we may be required to obtain and / or release information regarding your medical condition with other treating practitioners, rehabilitation, consultants, case managers and employers
By signing this Client Contract you give permission for representatives of HealtheCo practitioners to exchange such information regarding injuries sustained and any significant past medical history, with those people deemed necessary by HealtheCo.
- Accounts and Billing
- It is expected that all fees are paid in full in full within 14 days of the invoice being received. Please use the invoice number as the description in the transfer. Failure to do this may hold up payment processing and cause inconvenience to you and the administration staff.
- We also accept cash, EFTPOS, credit cards and for your convenience.
- Payment of your accounts can be done via the telephone (credit cards only), direct deposit or in person at the practice.
- Those who feel they cannot comply with our very strict billing methods, or wish to be given special consideration, please feel welcome to put your request in writing and address it to the Practice Director.
- Please understand that our strict billing methods allow equality of service to all clients, and serve to raise the already high standard of care we can offer you. Our intention is not to exclude anyone from being able to access our physiotherapy services. We have never denied anyone the benefits of Exercise Physiology care because of their inability to pay our published fees. We understand that there may be financial hardship that requires individual consideration, please put your request in writing to the Practice Director.
- This practice is committed to protecting your privacy and your personal information is generally only disclosed to other members of your medical team where necessary
- The personal and health information you provide during your consultation and subsequent treatment will be collected for the primary purpose of providing high quality health care.
- Where required by law or if necessary for debt collection reasons, your personal information will be disclosed.
- HealtheCo uses SMS and/or email communication to remind you of your upcoming appointment
- From time to time we may send you information regarding happenings at HealtheCo via a number of possible ways including: post, email, telephone call or SMS.
- Reasons we may contact you include:
- To administer accounts and process payments.
- To communicate with you regarding any issues affecting your treatment.
- Provide information on services and benefits available to Clients.
- To notify Clients of promotions and events.
- Appointment Reminders.
- Appointment Follow Up calls
- Marketing and promotional material about new products, services or special offers.
- Periodic Newsletters.
- Practice Updates.
- Market research or surveys to improve our products and services.
- Should you wish not to receive such communications or our convenient SMS appointment reminders please advise the administration staff or alternatively follow the ?unsubscribe? instructions provided in the communication / on the Client Profile.
- Your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions is considered consent to receive such communications as outlined above however you may opt out at any time.
- Exclusion of Liability
The Practice Director and employees of this Practice shall not be liable for, nor shall they accept any responsibility for any injury, loss or damage sustained by any person or persons arising out of any of the treatments or procedures delivered in this Practice which does not arise from any negligent act or omission of the Practice Director and employees.
If you have any queries about these Terms and Conditions, please contact:
Attention: Systems and Training Function (Privacy Officer)
Address: 8 The Hill Valentine
This Policy is effective from 1st October 2016